Farming on the Albrighton Estate
The family have farmed the estate since 1853 when the Albrighton Hall and surrounding area was bought by William Hanbury Sparrow. The Albright Hussey Farm was added in 1919 and most recently Battlefield Farm in 1999. The present owner is 6th generation.
The land is farmed sympathetically with consideration always given to environmental issues. The patchwork fields, typical of the Shropshire countryside, are bound by six metre conservation headlands and hedges, which provide a habitat for a wide range of wildlife species. Hedges and ditches are maintained in line with Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) guidlines. The livestock includes 90 suckler cows and 350 breeding ewes.